View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 08:24 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REF....To Grade, or not to Grade....that is the Question regarding T206 set(s)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE....Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

.... Sweet Caporal ...... Sovereign ......... Piedmont___The "House" that created these Tobacco cards___American Beauty ... COUPON ...…...... UZIT

I had a great National Show in A/C.....the majority of cards I sold (as usual) were T206's. Graded T206's, and mostly Un-graded T206's. Rare backs and common backs.
Talking T206's with customers, I was surprised to find, that many of the cards in their collections were Not-Graded. This does create some ambiguity as to the accuracy
of pop reports reflecting the true numbers of many T206's. Most of these conversations were with collectors who had near-complete sets.

As many of you know, I have completed 3 sets.....PIEDMONT....SOVEREIGN....SWEET CAPORAL, Factory #30 (no Wagner's). I would never consider stacking 1398
plastics containing all these T206's. The majority (97%) of them are in plastic sheets in binders. Especially arranged according to the 6 series of the T206 set. There are
approximately 60 cards Graded among all 3 of these sets.

Enough said.....please chime in and tell us your story regarding your preference.....T206 cards GRADED, or Not Graded ? ?

Examples of the nicer looking Ungraded cards in my All - PIEDMONT set.
--------

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists