View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 05:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Exclusive 12 project......Doc Crandall back-run (near complete)

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

Whoopee-Do ....After several years of searching, I finally acquired Doc Crandall's EPDG and TOLSTOI cards. This run is now 92% complete

I can't speak for you T206 (or T205) guys, but these challenging Tobacco runs are an enjoyable adventure for me. Attaining a near complete
T-set is certainly a great project. But, when it's done, it's done...." FINISHED ! ". Whereas, these individual T206 runs are virtually "endless".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Doc Crandall was one of the first pitchers to be used primarily in relief. And, Crandall was one of the last Major League players
to split his time between pitching and playing the field during the same season.

His WON - LOST pitching record was 102 - 62. Plus, he was a really good-hitting Pitcher (career BA = .285), batting over .300
in 4 different seasons. McGraw used Crandall as a pinch-hitter over 100 times in his career.

Crandall's 460-only Series card is in the group which I refer to as the Exclusive 12. I have been working on T206 runs of these
12 subjects. My first complete run (13 cards) is of John McGraw (glove at hip).

Displayed here is this near complete run. I still need find his virtually impossible UZIT card.

Factory #42

Factory #30

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists

Last edited by tedzan; 07-24-2022 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.