View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcemporium View Post
How about I just focus on your contributions in this thread:

1. You attack the credibility of Greg (whom I have never met or communicated with) in post #20 over a screw-down holder. I can tell you that I have personally taken thousands of vintage cards out of screw-down holders and never had a card get damaged or rejected by a TPG. Is it possible? I'm sure it is, but you're really going to attack the credibility of someone for estimating the grade of a card in a screw-down holder?

2. You attack Greg for labeling his own product. Concerning? yes, but where is your outrage over Baseball Card Exchange for authenticating their own product? They are the largest dealer of unopened material in our hobby and doing the exact same thing.

3. You really seem unable to differentiate the concept of technical grade and eye appeal. Nobody is claiming that this company is stickering cards that a TPG undergraded. The TPG got it right with the technical grade. However, there are a lot of cards that have an eye appeal that is superior to the assigned technical grade. This is the service that Greg is trying to provide.

PS - For #1, I call BS - A card in a screwdown holder will get "ALTERED STOCK" 9 times out of 10. So don't come on here with false claims.

Even Steve Borack had to sell his personal comic book collection before he joined CGC. I repeat, if you can't see the obvious conflict of interest, then I am sorry....I can't help you.....so sorry you have nothing to add to the board and that myself and others have let you down.

Will I ever use this service? Absolutely not, as I have sufficient experience to detect these cards on my own. But I've dealt with a lot of people in this hobby, and I can tell you that a good percentage of this hobby does not have this skill set.

Let this guy Greg pursue his idea - if it is a needed service in our hobby, it will do okay, if not, it will fail. I just don't get why people feel the need to attack him and humiliate him.

This is why this thread has served as a good reminder why I rarely participate on Net54.

How about this good buddy! I would take this venture (which is an obvious ripoff of the PWCC High End Designation - but that is another debate) seriously, if #1) he was an IMPARTIAL 3rd party....IE - DO NOT APPLY THE STICKER TO YOUR OWN INVENTORY, and #2) If you are going to apply it to your own inventory (conflict of interest nonwithstanding) be damned sure that the cards you are applying it to, are indeed WORTHY of being HIGH END for the grade. I have yet to see ONE sticker applied correctly.

Even Steve Borock had to sell his personal comic book collection before he joined CGC. Do you understand why he did that??? CONFLICT OF INTEREST. I am sorry that you have nothing to add to the board. I am sorry that myself and other like minded individuals on here have let you down.

PS - For #1 I call BS......A card in a screw down holder will 9 times out of 10 get "altered stock". Facts. Not fiction. You have lost credibility with me with your false statement. If you took the time to read what I wrote, I said, be TRUTHFUL with the guy. A Mantle that has been in a screwdown holder for over three decades WILL PROBABLY GET ALTERED STOCK. IT DAMAGES THE CARD!!!!! You can say that is doesn't and you have sneaked 1,000 out of 1,000 by PSA. I know better. To tell the guy otherwise helps the "feel good" story, but doesn't present him with the truth.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 05-07-2018 at 09:20 PM.