View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Grant Rainsley

Yes, illegal. They can not only hold the shipment up, but call the recipient in for questioning on the item(s). He'll have to answer some questions, at which point it may come back to you. This happened to me, but luckily I wasn't trying to get away with anything. I had to go in and prove my case before they gave me the package, but it was a card I had bought from a U.S. dealer, and I had the ad to prove that the declared value was exactly what he was asking. They gave me the package without further questioning. I'm sure Canada Post and the USPS cooperate fully with each other. Many U.S. sellers fear selling to Canada, for no good reason. Canada Post is VERY reliable....you can count on them to be slow. I have not seen anything go missing in the mail over many years. And if the buyer has to pay Customs duty, so be it. Let it be on their head, not yours.
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com