View Single Post
Old 06-16-2002, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Default What's Your Top 5 Best Ebay Finds?

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I was looking through my tobacco album collection the other day and ran into an ebay find that I had forgotten about. I've collected tobacco albums for a while now and for several years, the only Allen & Ginter album I needed was the Floral Beauties album (which lists for $10 in the ACC). I've seen 2 or 3 for sale over the years (none in very good condition), but things just didn't work out for whatever reason. A couple of years ago I bought one on ebay described as being in excellent condition. If I remember right, he only had 1 grainy picture of it, and had it worded so strangely that I was lucky to run into it. Don't remember what I paid for it (it wasn't a steal, although I thought so when I got it, maybe $500, could have been a little more, really don't remember, but had a big bid in at the time on it). Well, when I got it I was flabberghasted (sp?), original mailing envelope and a mint condition very much oversized album. Super super nice. This has got to be my #2 best find. Can't believe I forgot about this one.
Also, replacing my #5 Anson find in my original post (and incidently, both these items are rarer then T206 Wagners). I was able to steal an Duke tobacco imperial cabinet poster card (10 X 14") picturing 24 actresses in uncut sheet form (4 rows of 6) with gold accented mount and script for "Duke's Cameo Cigarettes" for under $200. Since then, I've been able to acquire 2 of the N145-5s that are pitured on the card. Not baseball related, but items close to my chest and thought the non sports guys and girls out there would enjoy these 2 items. Keith