View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Default What's Your Top 5 Best Ebay Finds?

Posted By: fkw707

My best finds ever on eBay were couple years back, and all were between $40-$300.
Only known example of the previously unknown/uncataloged 1926 "Holland Ice Cream" Roger Peckinpaugh #16 VG (just resold for $2,500 in VG). Only known examples of the previously unknown/uncataloged 1906 "Ullman Postcard" Christy Mathewson, Iron Arm McGinnity, Leon "Red" Ames and one other, all EX ($40 ea.). Only known example of the previously unknown/uncataloged pose 1933 "Blue Bird Soda" Babe Ruth (side view). Only known example of the previously unknown/uncataloged 1926 "Schapira Big Show Candy" Ty Cobb, and Ray Schalk. T214 Joe Tinker advertised/auctioned as a T206 (strangely the exact same card pictured in Lipsets Encyclopedia). Previously unknown/undiscovered ca.1913 "Base Ball Stars" Notebook/pad with E95/E96 cards (blank backed) printed on cover (Wagner, Lajoie etc.), quite possibly where most if not all of the E95/E96 so called "proofs" came from.
Wish I could find more of these Great Finds nowadays, but they are few and far between lately. I still do find them, but so do a dozen other bidders with bigger wallets than I Frank