View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Steve....isn't that a contradictory statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Those were the ones he paid off?

I'm not so sure he's good for golf. A fascinating, dominant player for sure, but he draws a large bulk of the fans. And without fans debating who's better their guy or someone elses it gets boring pretty quickly. Plus once he finally retires a lot of the Tiger fans won't continue to follow golf.

Same thing for Lance Armstrong, great for him, but in a country where cycling is a fringe sport having people think that The Tour de France is the only bike race really doesn't help.

Steve B
Hey Steve
For the sake of debate how can he not be good for golf if he draws big crowds? I am not talking about the morality side of humanity, I am talking about the business side of the sport. As for Tiger retiring.....he only has about 35 yrs left to golf. That is the one sport that the guys can easily go into their early to mid 60's (at least on the Sr. tour) and still play....It will be "Tiger" for a long time to come unless something happens to him and/or his health. As for not having any extra, mistress babies.....It might be too early to make that statement +