View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Standard Catalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lemke View Post
I received my editor's allotment of the 2012 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards yesterday. I am underwhelmed.

To adhere to the publisher-dictated 700 pages, very little of the dormant material in the data base was added. For lack of internal resources, much of my past year's input in terms of new sets, additions to checklists, photos, etc., appears to have dropped into a black hole.

The system which output the data into page form used an entirely new alphabetization protocol which will confound the reader to no end. I predict the Alphabetical Index in the back will be the most often referred-to pages.

The printing of this edition ends my involvement with the Standard Catalog. If and when a "replacement" editor is named, I'll pass that on here for your future contacts concerning the book. Until then, you can direct any emails about the book to tom.bartsch@fwmedia.com

My thanks to all among you who have contributed to past editions.
Hi Bob:

I too am sorry to see you no longer will be involved with the catalog. In my eyes it was "your baby", Sorry too, that the new edition does not incorporate the new sets, additions to checklists, photos, etc., that you referenced.

I wonder if there is some way you can share those things that did not make the catalog with us? Either on this forum or perhaps your blog.

I am sure I speak for all of us that we would LOVE to have this info.

Thanks for all your tireless work in the past for us collectors.

Fred McKie