View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
I had a great time at the show. It's was really cool meeting many of you in person. I was impressed by the quality of hobby people that showed up. I was lucky enough to set up next to Mark Macrae and listen to him talk. My table partner, Patrick turned out to be an awesome, super fun guy. I really lucked out. I think it "says a lot" when you want to walk around but you don't want to miss any of the action around your table! The promoters of this show are amazing. They just wanted to put on a great show, they're only concern was everyone else, not themselves, and they in turn, created a great time for us all.

I saw stuff yesterday that just blew me away. Issues that I didn't even know existed. I also picked up one of my new favorite pieces, an oversized 1934 PCL Champions Los Angeles team photo once owned by Truck Hannah!!! Thanks again Mark, this thing is massive!

Side note, I was surprised to meet so many other collectors younger then me! Keep in touch fellas!
Matt, it was nice meeting you. Thanks for pointing out some of the other guys for me. I didn't catch up with MattC, but maybe next time. I will be headed to the Long Beach show in a few weeks and hopefully can catch up with a few of you there.

Scott