View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
It would be nice if someone came to the table with a reason as to why the Mordecai is "questionable". Perhaps, something a little more definative about the Mordecai's history that makes it fall into this category? Right now, the argument I'm hearing is "card shaving exists....so therefore the Mordecai must be shaved".

Regarding the card's history, I think we've already established that the e93 has been in a holder for the past 10 years (at least) and it was with Jim B all this time after he bought it in a Lipset Auction. From what people are telling me the artist in question was someone within the past few years?

Does anyone have an example of a shaved card they could post? Then we could at least have something to compare the Mordecai to? The silhouette on the Mordecai looks a little too good to be the result of shaving off part of the card but I'll definitely keep an open mind if someone can post something similar.

Also, has anything been documented on "card shaving"? This is something I've never heard of so it would be helpful to read up on it....
Brian, I am with Kevin on the Mordecai. For me it's just a gut feeling by the way it looks. Yes, it's been around for years but so have many bad (and good) ghostly cards . Also, why is it still residing in a GAI holder? Have you or anyone else (you know of) ever had another grading company look at it? It just doesn't look right to me. But I am not saying I am 100% on it one way or another....