View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 02:01 AM
Mikeknapp

I have had a few such experiences with Stargell, Puckett, and Edgar. However, my favorite experience occurred when I was around 12. My friends and I would hang out in the parking lot waiting for foul balls at Cheney Stadium which was the home of the Twins AAA team. One such day we were entertaining ourselves by playing wiffle ball in the parking lot prior to a game. At that time Lyman Bostock was a raising star on his way to the big leagues. Nonetheless, he approached us and asked if he could take a few swings. He wound up taking quite a few swings. He was laughing and overly friendly. After about 15 minutes a crowd began to gather. He shook our hands and said he had to get to work. Before he jogged off he signed a small piece of paper for me. I folded it about 20 times and stuffed it deep in my pocket so I wouldn't lose it. I still have it all creased up. Whenever I see it I think of that day and smile. I was devastated a few years later when I learned he had been murdered. What a tragic waste of a nice man.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)