View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 02:14 PM

Rob,

1. Your grasp of the obvious is overwhelming.

2. It is just a matter of finding these racing pins. There were 21 racing pins on eBay 15 years ago. I got 20 of them for the opening bid. I think they opened at $9.99. I did not win the 21st pin. I played ping-pong with another bidder. I took him/her over $100 before I gave up. I suspect the other bidder was the driver himself, or his son or daughter. In hindsight I'm glad he/she got it. It was a piece of family history for them, and just one more racing pin for me.

3. I am ready to give up my blog. I painstakingly scanned about 18 pins to put into the column. I cropped the images, centered them, adjusted the lighting, etc., etc. I stored all the images in my computer. They look as good as the real pins. But somehow I used lkb instead of qqp, vtw, lzl, or even hsp (or some other grouping of letters), which "would have been compatible" with something else. So I am paying some frickin' IT guy to do a "proper conversion" so the scans can be entered into the column. If I ever write another column, and this scanning thing has just about killed my creative energies, it will undoubtedly be words only. I despise this IT stuff.