Thread: Show your T216s
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Pop reports

The pop reports are interesting.

PSA only has one listing - 1911-16 Peoples. They don't have a separate listing for the different types, or for Kotton or Mino or VE. They show grades for 68 different cards with 145 total cards graded.

PSA only has one set in their registry. That set has 9 cards.

__________________________________________________ _____________

SGC has a strange way of grading these:

Mino is listed as 1914, with 3 different players and a total of 4 cards graded.

VE is listed as 1914, with 1 card graded.

Peoples Tobacco is shown as 1914 with 7 players and 8 total cards. So, what are they? Kotton? Who knows.

Kotton is listed as 1911-16 with 63 different cards graded and 441 total cards.

SGC has 2 Kotton sets in their registry. One is 81% complete and the other is 3% complete. I wonder how many of each back type is in the set that is 81% complete.
__________________________________________________ _______________

I haven't crossed checked the players from each grading company to see if they combine to show grades for all 74 cards plus the 30 variations that are listed in SCD.

SCD shows the same checklist of 74 cards plus 30 variations for Kotton, Mino, and VE. Has anyone ever seen all of these cards? It is hard for me to believe that all of these cards exist for Mino and VE. They probably don't exist for the thin paper Kotton cards either. Does anyone know if the full sets exist for all 3 types of Kotton backs?

Are there certain Kotton cards that only contain one type of back or do all of the cards come with each of the 3 backs.

Lots of questions about this set. I guess that is why I enjoy working on this set.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 06-29-2013 at 09:03 AM.