View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 02:40 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
People are often blind to logic. These are the same flippers or fans that are thinking they can buy the dip and get a card at a fraction of the price and it will return to normal. It's pure and utter speculation gambling. Yes, they are selling for 300 bucks in the dump off, however these exact same cards were selling for a minimum of 10 times that just weeks earlier.

If you are a novice and think he really could return, buying a 4-5k card on August 10th for just 300 bucks on August 17th seems like a steal. Really I see no chance for that holding as it dies down, but until a completion comes to the case people will still be trying to make a buck.

Hell, people are still buying Henry Ruggs III cards for 300 bucks if they are rare enough, look it up. People are just odd.
Second this opinion.

I would not "buy the dip" in this case. What a stupid term, I've never really liked it while talking about cards. They do exist, but this one feels very different than a sophomore slump. The 2008 - 2013 dip years had some fantastic deals if you had money to spend.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo