View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Default Why more Reprints?

Posted By: runscott

As you know, I don't think these reprints/forgeries should be on ebay and I am not for people getting screwed as punishment for lack of brain capacity. But I still agree with Adam's assessment of people who bid on cards that they don't know enough about to identify as fakes.

Let me explain a different way: If you know so little about a particular card issue as to think from looking at Feldman's scans that they are real, and then to actually bid seriously on them, then you haven't done your homework.

Vintage card homework is very easy to do - you can look at the seller's ebay history, ask for guarantees, go look at images in books or compare to other images on ebay or the web, or you can ask questions in a forum like this one. Another good investment of your time is to spend months doing all of these things prior to ever buying high-$ cards, and to start off by buying cheaper lower-grade commons and examining them closely under a 10x prior to jumping in to big purchases. I'm sure that you already know all of this, but I'm simply repeating it for others.

And do I have any sympathy for the guy who bought the fake t206 Cobb bat off? No...well, just a little.