View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 10:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I was mostly saying I haven't ever given out info like that, for our newer members, but I appreciate the vote of confidence (as well as the others). If I was doing anything wrong in the hobby, it would be known about. Comes with the territory. I have no worries in that respect. My worry is, how can I afford to keep collecting!!

As for the original topic, go with trusted sources. Very new auction houses need to get an extra bit of review.

and a card for no real reason....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
I'd like to think that anybody who's been here long enough would already know that you wouldn't be doing that. It was certainly never my thought that you were to blame.

Insofar as unsolicited auction house emails are concerned, I don't necessarily mind them provided that it appears that the business in question is at least trying to run a fairly clean operation. If the material seems mostly forged or altered, that deeply bothers me and makes me question which businesses are sharing information with a shady outfit.

On a related note, auction house emails are fine in small numbers. If these businesses constantly flood my inbox, I consider that invasive. I simply refuse to do business with people who can't tell the difference between a tactful limit of email contact and sheer annoyance/spam. There's lots of competition out there for my money. Stuff doesn't trump all for everybody.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg allstar.jpg (198.9 KB, 333 views)

Last edited by Leon; 12-15-2022 at 10:36 AM.