View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Most of us on this side (pre-wwII) don't collect by 9s and sub-grades as very few of our cards meet that grade level. However, the second part of your question is what collecting is ALL about to a lot of us. It is finding the right card that meets OUR expectations, at a price we are willing to pay. That is almost all the fun for me. And to answer your questions specifically, I pass on cards almost every single day as they don't meet my expectations. This card will be making its way to me very soon as it should ship in a few days. I wouldn't have gone for it had it not had centering, borders and scarcity I look for. I am not focused right now except on cards I like with great centering and borders.....to each their own. And by passing on a lot of stuff it makes the journey longer and better. (to me)
Thanks for sharing! I can see by most of you (pre-wwII) collectors, it would be insanely expensive, also rare to find I'm sure, the best of the best condition. I admire the pride many of you take in your cards. I don't know enough about early cards, but am learning a lot here. Don't want to jump in too quickly at this point. Great stuff everyone!