View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
I'm interested, just have a question for clarification. You stated, gifts should be valued at $25 or greater. Are you going to have an approximate max value limit as well? I'm not going to be a scrooge over a minor difference in the approximate value I give and receive, but I do think that perhaps a similar approximate maximum value limit should be instituted. It would be terrible for someone to get upset because they give something valued at say $90 and receive something substantially less at say $30.
I feel there should be no limit...

If one chooses to give a larger gift that is their choice... Just know that the gifts are probably going to be cheaper than that - and you did it in the spirit of giving and it is a GIFT.

Edit for this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
Mike, I can certainly see that view point, and I applaud those individuals for keeping with the season and being charitable. I could reword my OP with my a different view.

Put the shoe on the other foot. What if my hobby budget is very small and all I have are items valued at $25-$30 yet someone is charitable enough to send me an item valued well beyond my hobby means at $90-$100. I didn’t ask for that, and perhaps that puts me and other similar individuals in a tough spot, don’t you think? No one likes to be thought of as a “charity” case. And while you as the giver might not care and think you’re doing a good dead, it might not be received in the same light on the other end.

Maybe I’m in the minority and that’s fine. I've been involved in many SS over the years and I've seen these reactions and feelings from people, I just thought that including an upper limit would help to eliminate any such feelings from arising by anyone involved. I would hate to know that anyone feels anything less than the holiday spirit after it’s all said and done is all.
It is secret for a reason and no one is a charity case. You give because that is what you feel comfortable giving and you hope it excites the other individual rather than gives hard feelings - that is why there is a minimum and no max. I really hope people would be excited they got something nice rather than the opposite .

Last edited by Sean1125; 12-04-2012 at 08:45 AM.