View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 04:08 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
quoting for posterity.
Scott,

Is that supposed to be some type of funny joke or an attempt at sarcasm? Aside from being a classic example of someone taking something out of context, that was stated by me in regards to others who posted on here in this thread about how they did in fact end up making additional bids in this recent REA auction because of the closing glitch, and subsequent one-day extension to the auction. I used that language to go along with and parody others who had been saying some things involved in this thread discussion were undisputable facts, when they quite frankly clearly were not. That excerpt you are "saving for posterity" was part of a much longer statement I made showing how there apparently was in fact something in this thread that actually was an indisputable fact, that the glitch in REA's auction closing did in fact lead to some additional bids in this one particular REA auction. And that statement by me was even re-affirmed in later post #239 by one of the parties I had based my original statement on.

So please explain to me why out of all the other statements in this thread claiming to be indisputable facts that clearly were not, you decided and saw fit to "save for posterity" an out of context quote from me about one thing in this thread that actually is an indisputable fact? Especially when the post of mine you are quoting from was already quoted and saved for posterity by someone else in post #225. Seems to make your post totally redundant then. So, I'm just trying to make some sense as to why you still needed to post what you did then, because forgive me, I sure can't make any sense out of it at all.

Last edited by BobC; 04-27-2022 at 04:12 PM.