View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 04:56 PM

Default Ted Patterson Orioles Scrapbook

Day 95 – 5 April 2024
Recently, I found a scrapbook from the late Ted Patterson who was a newscaster, sportscaster and host of various talk shows. He served with the Orioles as a broadcaster in the early 1980s. Ted was also a writer (he published the Baltimore Orioles – 40 years of Magic from 33 Street to Camden Yards). He had a huge sports memorabilia collection. Apparently, he was very aggressive in his collection activities…I heard a few stories how he would approach the players for autographs that was not well received). He died in 2021 and upon his death, a friend told me his estate included truckloads of items that were removed from his home and spread across the Maryland area and probably nationally. I will share some of the items in the scrapbook over the next few days. I would like to start with a few Brooks Robinson items. The most impressive item or at least to me is a look pamphlet titled “To Tomorrow’s Oriole.” The pamphlet is for new Oriole players. Brooks opens with wecoming comments and the tells the new players what to expect, how to handle yourself, your preparation, work ethic and other advice. The pamphlet is signed. Can’t discern the year but imagine it is from the mid-1960s. It measures 7.25 x 4 inches. It is on a thicker card stock and has 12 pages. Has anyone seen this before? You could take this same advice and apply it today with our Orioles or in your own day to day life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5107.jpg (189.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5108.jpg (202.0 KB, 80 views)