View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 1945-46 Caramelo Deportivo Marsans and receipt

This is close enough to pre-war that I will use my moderating priviledges to post on the main board. I don't post too many off topics, relative to other posts, so this can be one OT if anyone has an issue with it.

One of the better known Cuban issues is the 100 card set, Caramelo Deportivo. (Sporting Caramels). They covered the 1945-46 Cuban winter league season and include many future major leaguers and stars of the Negro Leagues. They were made to be put into an album, the fronts have a card number. The backs have the player's name and a few biographical and career details. Along with this Armando Marsans card came a receipt from the Asociacion Nacional de Peloteros Profesionales de Cuba. This receipt was given to Marsans after he paid $3 pesos for his monthly membership fee that all players were required to pay. If anyone has any Cuban cards, or things relating to Cuban cards, show them if you would like to. We don't have too many discussions about Cuban issues, players and the league, but they were/are(?) certainly an important part of the game. regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peunc1942caramelodpeportivomarsans.jpg (72.2 KB, 496 views)

Last edited by Leon; 12-16-2009 at 05:24 PM.