View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Floyd had only been knocked down once in his whole career and it was more or less a slip and fall that didn't get ruled as one. McGregor had no hope of knocking Floyd out. There was never going to be a one punch or lucky punch or anything like that.
Lucky punches are a myth, however if you have never watched before I suggest you watch the Walcott/Marciano fight if you want to see someone get destroyed and then come back with one of the most iconic knockouts in boxing to win.

Ask Tyson what happens when you come in unprepared to fight a gimme.

Mayweather showed his age and he luckily fought someone with very little technical skill. If he had come back to fight anyone in the top 10 he would have been destroyed.

I am happy to see him hang it up after a Globetrotters/ Rocky-Thunderlips type fight. I am hoping he keeps his word and does not drag it out.

As a boxing fan I was worried about this because if he did not take it serious and let the Buster Douglas type upset happen it would have been devastating to the future of boxing. Already with the money in professional sports keeping american blood out of the heavyweight ranks, the last thing we need is the lights and welters losing viewers to people moving to the MMA because they think its better. This was instead a great way to bring in a youthful viewership.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.