View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Frank Prisco

While I think its great that we regulate ourselves and protect the hobby we all love. I try and do my very best to ensure each customer is satisfied and receives every item as described. Here is a quick note and a few pictures to help explain why I chose to stay out of the hater group. Its easy to challenge and pick on items without giving any explanation as to why you believe they are not authentic signatures. We try and send as much as we can to PSA, JSA, Beckett and SGC. Our inventory is so large that it becomes impossible to get a third party opinion on every item. So many times we make our decisions based on our knowledge and where the item originated from. These baseball that were in question came from a relative of former umpire Jim Honochick. So I have attached the Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron ball. The Mantle ball was addressed to Harold Caplan. I have also attached another ball that I purchased approximately six months ago from the same family member signed by Ted Williams and again addressed to Harold Caplan. The Williams ball I had JSA certify, when Spence came to our shop. After the auctions were removed, I just wanted to get a quick opinion on the Mantle, Aaron ball since Chris Williams said both the Mantle and the Aaron were horrible. PSA and JSA quick opinioned the Aaron and said that it was perfect. They both said they would need a closer look at the Mantle. I am going to give PSA this ball and post their decision when I receive it. I had no intention of ever taking advantage of anyone, if anyone choses to come into my shop and review my inventory I welcome it. I also post our toll free number 888.767.5090 and welcome any questions on any of my items before purchasing. There is not one person on this forum who ever bothered to call me. Everyone hid behind their computers and just ragged on some of my items. I find that completely disturbing and its one reason I refuse to respond while the auctions were running. I do want to end saying I think Chris Williams as well as many others do a great job on the bogus stuff listed on Ebay as well as auctions who continue to list manufactured items jerseys baseballs autographs etc. I applaud your effort. So I again welcome anyone to visit me at any convention, come into my shop and inspect my items. I am proud of what I do and I stand behind every item I sell. Please review the pictures and call me if you need. Everyone rips Spence and PSA/DNA and put themselves out there as they are the lone expert. to error is human and I can tell you I have letters of apology from both companies listed above on their errors. Its has become my choice to move away from many of the so called main line autographs, such as DiMaggio, Williams, Mantle, Mays, Ali and Ruth. My main focus has now shifted to memorabilia and photographs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg williams kaplan.jpg (64.9 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg hank aaron.jpg (69.8 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg mantle kaplan.jpg (71.4 KB, 146 views)