View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Default depressing, my rant

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I got out of vintage cards a couple years ago. After a while I wanted back - started back Nov. 2003. Believe me - don't take too much time away, as I did or sell everything before you leave! When you come back, it will take much more $$$ to acquire the items you sold if you want them back!

I can say now that it did turn out for the best however. I did collect type cards and rare backs before I left. When I came back, I realized that it would take almost double, in some cases more than that, to buy back the cards I once owned (as the market had went up that much in a little less than two years). I did want back in however and thanks to Pete C.'s caramel website and BCD, I now collect caramels and LOVE it!!!!

I will state it again, if you think you might want to collect the same cards you have in your collection - DON'T sell them before you take a break - it will cost you more in the long run. Also, you seem like a great guy and I do hate to see you (or anyone) leave OUR Hobby. Another consideration, especially if you have been cheated on some cards, would be to take a few months off from buying cards, educate yourself by reading all the books, catalogs, magazines etc. you can about the Hobby, then come back in a few months with more insight and better protection.