View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Default depressing, my rant

Posted By: Tim Mayer

wow, must say I am pretty unhappy with the state of our industry.

I have been fooled so many times, and stepped on so many times, I am amazed I still keep coming back.

I read the posts from Richard Simon and Robert P, and shake my head....( thanks by the way)

I stopped collecting autographs when I i realized that half the stuff on my wall was fake,,,too bad the money I spent on them wasn't fake...

then I went back to cards,,this year alone I have bought two fakes, a half dozen touched up and remarked cards, etc.

I bought a large lot of soaked cards from another dealer who claimed he was my friend( No one here, in fact you guys have been great, always great to deal with, with no exceptions)

ugh ugh ugh....

A 8 by 10 signed photo of a major Yankee star that I bought from Mastronet with a cert by Steve G was rejected by PSA as fake,

what a nutty profession...when I buy it is good, but when I want to sell it , it is bad, but the same guys name is on both letters....it really burns me.

I started going to shows the past couple of years to sell some extra cards and to fund my habit so to speak,,

I will no longer do shows as I can no longer face peole anymore. Either it's other dealers selling me my stuff is junk and offering nothing to me,( finding later they knew I had something rare) or customers beating me down to pennies, or getting burned on fake and touched up stuff...

enough is enough...

I am still collecting, but gosh, half the guys who claim to be my friends I wouldn't leave alone in my house for 10 minutes.

I am really hurting right now and wish the reality of my hobby wasn't so.

As usual greed has ruined another great thing in my life...I love baseball cards because they remind me of being a kid, and my dreams, etc.

Tainted again for me.