View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossfan View Post
They actually have a special now for $8 for authenticating most autographs (grading is an additional $10, and they don't encapsulate baseballs). I'm thinking of giving them a shot at some recent purchases - my HOF balls are for my collection, not resale, but when I'm gone I anticipate my kids will sell them. Some non-HOF balls I have, particularly team-signed for teams other than Orioles, I would be selling now, as well as some duplicate HOF balls I have. Obviously, there's no way to predict - as someone said on one of these threads, any respected authenticator is one scandal away from losing that respect. But, what do you folks think about the credibility of SGC for resale now and down the road? Evertyhing I've read on this thread has been very positive about them, and their prices are certainly better than the others, but I don't want to be penny-wise and pound foolish. Thanks!
Of the SGC autographs I've seen and am reasonable familiar with, I have not seen a single one that I would say is fake.