View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Default SGC problem - Scary for me

Posted By: Kirkland Miller

Anonymous? I typed a long thought out reply and it was not at all disparaging. My name is Kirk, and in my opinion, losing a card is unacceptable, and it does indeed call into question their operations. How does it NOT? If I went to a car wash with my 57 chevy & left it to be detailed and they lost it, would THAT call into question the car washes abilities? Of course it would. This is no different.... I half expect to get someone else's order at McDonald's, where pimple faced teenagers are handling dollar menu items, not valuable collectibles of historical significance.

Because ALL card grading companies do it, doesn't excuse it. So you're telling me that I should judge sgc on how they'll pay me for my grandfathers lost card? nice, I can then take that cash and pass it down to my son someday. Cmon, it's unacceptable. If you're too shook to say it like it is around here because they're the only accurate grading company, you're doing yourself a disservice. They need to understand that trust is far more important than accuracy... Because an accurately graded card that I never see again is of no use to me.

It shouldn't be possible to send someones prized possessions to someone else without going way out of your way to do so. Very simple safeguards can make it damn near impossible.
LUCKILY this will likely have a happy ending despite sgc. But in my humble KIRK MILLER opinion, sgc's quick message board response of "we've been busy" is very telling with regards to just how important your prized possessions are to them.

I'm Kirk Miller and I hope my message wont be deleted again, because I believe it to be valid, and I think the community deserves a better explanation. Everyones busy.

edited to correct spelling