Thread: Thanks USPS
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
How about putting the bubble mailer envelope INSIDE a Small priority mail rectangular box. Cost is $5.95 2-3 days generally.
Yep, and if you do that with all of your slabbed cards, and charge the customer, you will get dinged for excessive shipping costs - not every time, but often enough to possibly affect your ebay seller fees discount. Those of us operating on thin profit margins, without a team of shillers in our back office, have to consider such things. But I agree with expensive slabbed cards, simply because a buyer deserves priority service and the 'appearance' of a more safely packed item is important for your relationship with your customer.

As Raymond said, he's shipped hundreds of times in bubble mailers without incident. With me it's been thousands of times. On the other hand, I have had small priority boxes arrive with ends opened - removing the card or bubble mailer from such a package would be an easy next step for a thief. As a customer I would rather not pay the extra $3 for shipping.

As others have mentioned, the cardboard on either side of the slab is extremely important.