View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Administrator

Default Mr. Binder & Rose Co. postcards

Posted By: Steve Murray

While I hate to kick this inane thread to the top of the pile I am compelled to do so for a couple of reasons.

1. Mr. Spillman has edited his original post and while it is laudible that the edit removes a slanderous comment it distorts the original and makes subsequent responses appear out of context.

2. Whether these Rose cards are part of issued PC760 to me is irrelevant. As the owner of 10 of the 13 I could care less how they are perceived in relation to the set. To me they are a piece of Baseball history. Since I acquired them I have enjoyed researching the team and players, most notably Harl Maggert and Shano Collins. To me this is a hobby.

3. I don't know why Mr. Spillman feels the need to continue harranging Mr. Binder. This is the second thread he has started attacking Mr. Binder and while he does post his name with the posts he refuses to create an email link for discussions off the Board. As far as I'm concerned that's an anonymous post and for controversial posts should be banned. This personal vendetta with Mr. Binder is something that should be worked out between the parties off of the Board.

4. Cobby, this is not about a card, $30-$40 or otherwise. It is all about checklists and Mr. Spillman's belief that he has a proprietary right to a list of cards that Mr. Binder has included on his site. See his prior post on the issue.

5. And finally, on a lighter note, I have archived Cobby's post regarding the value of the cards for use in evaluating my Estate for tax purposes.