View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 12:17 PM
J0hn Collin$

This...

Thanks for this thread. I went looking for a blog post or article out on the interwebs recently on exactly this subject and could not find anything that was not focused on mainly just the merits of individual sets - but I was curious.

I was born in 1977, so never had to deal with anything like this as a child collector. These days, I would agree with what's been said earlier - no 1960's card outside of test issues should be called truly "rare" due to the prevalence even of SP's and highly desirable items at your fingertips online - but it is interesting to me what cards were actually more scarce back in the shoe-leather days - the infant hobby for example in the early 70's before all the attics had been cleaned out. "Scarce" to me for a '67 high number just means I'm going to have to spend more on eBay than I want. But back in the day I can see collectors going to shows and literally not being able to find something. It's those kinds of stories I find myself more interested in, and seeking out more often.