View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Pup6913

I have spoke with Dick on several ocassions about purchasing some of his collection. It seems he is a very honest and open person and cares about the hobby as much as most of us do.

It does not draw much concern to me that he as well as others are removing the graffiti from balls and restoring the values back. I think the grading companies should make a comment though about this. Such as where the sig was removed from, who it was, why it was removed, and any other info that pertains to the ball and signatures on it.

I do believe that I have read here on several occasions though that there are some people offering to remove ink (no names they know who they are), marks, paint, ect.. from cards which draws GREAT CONCERN to me. If the card was written or altered 60 yrs ago or 1 day ago it is part of the card. If ink was added to recolor so be it. When you start removing stuff like this from cards it only a matter of time before you get an "Old Mill Black Bar Overprint card". It makes me very wary about buying from people like this also. The cards were altered and then realtered. So what am I getting then??