View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I always prefer female singers. The last several years, I have really enjoyed Eva Cassidy, who died far too early.

I got through heavy traffic coming home from a long road trip today listening to her Greatest Hits...wonderful! Once I had heard all the sound twice, I slid in 'Prisoner in Disguise' by Linda Ronstadt, my all-time favorite. I had not heard it in a while and forgot what wonderful 'pips' she had. Unfortunately, she now has Parkinson's and can no longer sing.

I intend to send her a letter of appreciation for how much her gift has enriched my life. I wish I had been able to do the same for Eva Cassidy.

Even though our favorite singers have millions of fans, and they probably won't get to read our letters personally, I feel we owe them a minute of our time to show some appreciation. It might even brighten up one of their days- who knows...

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-14-2014 at 03:20 PM.