View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Mike, I agree 100%. I don't collect anything else, got into pennants purely because of the aesthetics. It all started for me with a desire to decorate a game room. Nothing compares to old pennants and yearbook covers ...
I'm with Mike and Greg...Nothing captures a piece of history for me more than pennants. The graphics, logos, feel, smell...all just do it for me. But, I've also collected some programs, yearbooks and media guides strictly for the cover art and have never even opened them.

A friend of mine in CT has an amazing football museum in his house. A large room with tall walls and high ceilings covered with pennants and programs. The room is amazing and looks beautiful. A work of art actually with its precision and detail. He designs "collection" rooms (not sure what the correct term is. He hates "man cave", though his does have a large TV in it. He prefers museum.) like his for a living. Pretty cool job.

I actually met him and discovered his room when I hand delivered some pennants he bought from me on eBay. Just by coincidence I was flying home a couple days later and we agreed to meet up. I was so impressed, I sold him some additional pennants and nodders I wasn't even interested in selling previously, just because I thought they'd look great and belonged in his "room". Last I spoke to him, he was going to be featured on ESPN and/or Sports Illustrated. Not sure whatever became of that. I'll have to check in with him.