View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
Looks like a bunch of nice additions to Net54 collections. I managed to snag a couple of photos that fit nicely into my 19th C. collection. 1887 Detroit & a cool Deacon White.
Congrats Jeremy! After a couple close misses on previous Wolverine team cabinets you have scored. That team picture actually dates to 1888 (based on the players and uniform style). This is an imperial cabinet that originally measured 16"x20" but has been cut down. The Studio (Tomlinson) and all the player names would have been at bottom. I shared this with Christies for the sake of accuracy (wasn't and didn't bid) but they didn't change the listing. I studied that cabinet in person when Hunt auctioned off the Deacon White items in 2006 and can say that you will be impressed with the clarity of the image, typical of Tomlinson Studio.

The Deacon White picture is also cool. I had interest but already have a couple large format portraits of White (perhaps a touch of hoarding guilty).

You have added a couple great pieces for a reasonable price.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers