View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Ad@m Be11

Default First time at Philly Show

I went today (Saturday) for my first time. I had a good time and enjoyed seeing things in person that I've only ever seen online. There were a lot of dealers, but having started a few prewar sets over the last several months, I was a little disappointed at the number of options. Most were dealing raw 50s thru 70s and had a few bigger name t206 cards, looking for their whale, but I'd of loved to see more guys dealing lower to mid grade T206. . I saw a few Philadelphia Caramels and CJs along with a few Old Judge and Turkey cabinets. I'm just not currently looking for those cards. I went with money to spend and returned with most of it. I was able to find a higher grade York Caramel I was looking for so all wasn't for naught. I thought there were a lot of people there, but being my first time, I don't have much to compare to. The number of people excited for a So Taguchi autograph was a little awkward though. That's Phillies fans though.

Overall, I'd go back again. It was a fun couple hours away from the family for "Dad" time.
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240