Thread: eBay is a joke
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 11:42 AM

Perhaps the greatest thing about this is that the fool used the wrong exemplar to forge his Hal Chase! To my eye, he was clearly looking at a signature of the 1940s low-level minor leaguer of the same name! It might help to know the difference.

(By the way, the other man of the same name had a signature that was strikingly similar to Prince Hal's in many parts of its formation. It's fooled people on a couple of occasions. It bares such a close resemblance in certain places that many may disagree with my assessment that the forger was using an example of "the other" Hal Chase as his template. Thankfully, the younger man's career was so brief that I can only recall seeing two examples of his autograph. Years ago, there used to exist a 1942 Utica Braves team-signed ball with the younger Chase which somebody purchased at auction under the guise of it being a bona fide Prince Hal autograph. They then had somebody paint over the other signatures on the ball to give it the appearance of a single-signed Chase. Good job to all involved! )

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 11-15-2019 at 12:41 PM.