View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Be.n C0z1n

Well, I don't know much about the Blankets, although they appeared to sell well. I was shocked by the prices that the cards got. Example-1959 Topps Binder with about 280 cards. I would say about Ex condition, sold for over $1000 when you take into account the buyers premium of 10%. Some stars, but nothing crazy, no Mantle, no Gibson Rookie, No Mays or Aaron. Did have Yogi Berra, Al Kaline, Brooks Robinson, etc... I mean entire sets sell for about $1500.00... I could go on and on, forget about consigning to all the different auction houses that everyone talks about on here, I think a person's best bet is to consign to these random auction houses that sell glass bottles, costume jewelry etc... I go to these religiously, York Pennsylvania, Scranton PA, ( today in Dehli New York... ) the vintage cards NEVER go cheap. I even had the courage to consign once and did quite well, even paying the 30% the auction house takes. I got $40 for a 1960 Johnny Unitas that wouldn't get a second look if it lived in a $10 box at a show. Once in Wilkes Barre PA, I saw someone pay $50 for about ten of the 1975 topps cards that feature the MVP's through the years. Prices were EXTREMELY strong from what I saw.