View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
JeR@Me

Default Book...

I am about to wrap up a new book called "The Greatest Game Ever Played in Dixie" and as a T210/T211 collector of Southern Assoc/League players, I found the book very interesting as I recognized many names from the T210 Series 8 Teams and it took me right through the 1908 season with teams such as Little Rock (Speaker), Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta, B'Ham, Montgomery, Mobile, and New Orleans. This was a day by day account of the Nashville Vols and the historic season they had by way of winning the Championship on the last day of the season from New Orleans by beating Ted Breitenstein 1-0. (Nashville was picked to be a middle tier team, but Bill Bernhard, Harry Bay, Jake Daubert, and many more Future or Past Big Leaguer's changed all that...) A book like this helps put you back at that point in time and that is just what I like as a collector of the T210's. All of these Minor Leaguer Players have stories that are not known or rarely told, and this book enables my mind to wrap around that moment.... Good book !