Thread: New Board Rule
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Default New Board Rule

Posted By: Sean

I'm with Dave on this one. Why is it anyone’s business what he paid for it?
If you think it's too high don't buy it.
Simple.
I do the exact same thing Dave does, I buy raw cards on eBay have them graded and try to make a profit. Sometimes it works other times...well I usually hope it works
I bought a T206 Ty Cobb green portrait a few weeks ago for $1,125(with a few people wondering about it being high), had it graded and put it up on dump day with a BIN and six hours later POOF! It's gone. I really wanted to keep the card but it is sometimes hard to justify to my wife that my hobby is worth it.
I started my collection selling all my shiny cards and used that money to bankroll purchases to make money to buy the cards I want. It’s nice to know that I have a nice little box with cards I enjoy for virtually nothing (except when I think how much I spent on all the shiny crap).

Oh yea, I like Jeff’s idea!

Sean BH

Edited to add - I usually exclusively sell my cards on eBay. Since some of my purchases are quick to turn around I fear some backlash about buying it on eBay and putting it up on the BST, but I do list my auctions in the appropriate category to advertise them.