View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
Scott,
I certainly apologize for any confusion, however it is on every item page, in big bold letters on our home page, in every blast I sent out and even in the top two postings on this thread:

Auction Ends Tonight
Just a reminder that our second 2014 auction ends tonight. All initial bids must be placed by 10:00pm ET. The 30-minute clock begins on each lot at 11:00pm ET tonight.
Good luck with your bids.
Josh
www.hugginsandscott.com
03-31-2014 11:16 AM
hugginsandscott
Huggins and Scott Auctions - Open For Bidding
All:

Just a friendly reminder that our auction is now open for bidding!

961 Lots will close on Thursday night April 10th with all initial bids needing to be placed by 10:00pm Eastern Time on that night.
I completely understand that the information is there. The message was received correctly (by me) several times, early in the day when you send out your 'final day of bidding' and '5 hours left to place initial bids' messages, but as I'm generally fairly busy and not fixated on any particular auction, when it comes right down to it, as the day progresses I forget those email deadline times and what I end up noticing as bid time approaches, is that message that says '3 hours left' that really means, '1 hour left', so I screw off for a little over an hour - given that it's feeding time at my home, and I'm the cook..... I went in 2 minutes late to begin bidding.

I simply made a suggestion, but I do understand that most people are getting the message and processing it at the appropriate time, as your high bids would indicate. It just doesn't work well for me personally - if it's working for most people, then please ignore me.

Last edited by Runscott; 04-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.