Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Bill Gregory

Default Loving '75

After getting Mr. Gibson in the mail, I was reminded of just how colorful the '75 Topps set is. So, I've decided to start working on the set. I already have this nice '75 Topps Yount. Only the teeny tiny little surface scratch on the upper right hand corner kept this card from being a pretty high PSA grade. Otherwise, the edges and corners are pretty much immaculate. Without that, this is probably a PSA 8, and higher if it weren't for a slight top to bottom centering issue. Still, this is a nice card for the '75 Topps set. When I get my PSA graded card, that will just go in the safe deposit box.

So now to a few new cards. I picked up my first group of '75 Topps, and they arrived today. I'd like to share them. They're exquisite. I'm going to try and build the set as close to near mint as possible. The Winfield and Yastrzemski were sold as EXMT+. I think the Yaz would grade a little higher, but think the grade for Mr. Winfield is spot on. There's a surface scratch on the upper right corner, and as far as I can tell, that's primarily the reason why this was graded the way it was. Once I've completed the set, I'll go back and look at the cards to see which ones need aesthetic upgrades, as the entire set will be displayed on my website. For now, it's a nice card, and gets me one step closer to 660. :D

I think I have a pretty good idea what at least two of my next few '75 Topps cards will be. :cool:

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-07-2014 at 11:53 PM.