View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Default beckett monthly price guide

Posted By: Dave G

Like all price guides for both Sport or Non-Sport cards, especially those issued by publications, the prices reflect those prices reported to the publication by DEALERS, who of course want to ensure that the price does not go too high as they would have to pay market prices for cards they buy -thus not givng them any ability to make a profit. AS a non sport dealer who does sports card shows and does have some sports cards to sell, it constantly amazesme the number of collectors AND dealers who come to my table, look at some of my cards, and ask how my prices relate to "book value", if I respond which Book? PSA, SGC or AUCTION SURVERYs, they say - oh no - SCD or Krause, the other books are too high.........go figure.

And then of course there are the people who with a straight face will ask me, when they see I have sepia actress cards, "do you have any old judge cards" so I say yes - = their eyes light up like beacons - I turn to the OLD JUDGE ACTRESS cards, and they get flustered and say...."no, no, I mean older cards showing baseball players..". So I pull out the slabbed ones I sometimes have........and..............they walk away with the realization that no bargains are to be had