View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default $100,000 tax free

Posted By: Rhys

Jim

E cards are WAY over priced right now. $600 for a SGC 2 Honus Wagner E91? How about $40,000 for a Breisch Williams George Davis? How about $2300 for a Dockman graded PSA 1 Wagner? The $500 recently paid for a Poor condition Connie Mack E98 is another example? People have been paying hundreds and thousands of dollars for low grade caramel cards which there are hundreds of examples known of each card. I can go on and on and on about carmel cards. If you compare them to T205 and T206 cards, they are rare. Compared to similar and earlier issues they are not that rare. There are literally thousands of caramel cards out there and at any given time there are lots to choose from on ebay. Vintage baseball cards have increased quite a bit over the last few years and I have been watching prices closely on all these issues for years. However, in my opinion there is NOTHING as infalted as caramel issues right now, NOTHING. These cards have literally undergone 1000X increases in the last few years while rarer issues have not gone nearly as high.

Of course this is just an educated opinion, and everyone who wants to keep throwing money at E cards can go right ahead and it does not bother me. But I can not think of anything else in the hobby with values as inflated as almost all the E card sets right now.

Rhys