View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
The bat at the end of the pennant looks like the bat at the end of these two. Kyle's blog post about Adflag having figures/images at the tip of the pennant (after the team name) made me wonder if these were Adflag, but it sounds like they may be too new. Does any other team have this same style? With the bat at the end?
I'm a little baffled as to who made these mystery Candlestick pennants. I have a few theories, but nothing I feel too strongly about at this time. Could have been Trench, based on the use of the "moon-lit batter" image on Rob's '62 pennant. Or, it's possible some other maker copied Trench's figure and inserted him on their Candlestick artwork.

One thing that stands out to me is the way the artist drew and painted the crowd. It almost looks like he/she used watercolors because the brush strokes appear very broad.

There's a Dodger pennant from ca. 1959 that seems to resemble these Candlestick ones in artwork, layout, etc. Note that the crowd is painted the same way: one color per seating section.

I'd love to know who made these!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DodgersColiseumPennant.jpg (19.5 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg GiantsCandlestickPennant.jpg (22.4 KB, 287 views)