View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Dave_Berg

Although not a PWCC enthusiast, I don't think their HE is as gimmicky as most of you think. In fact the coin collecting world ( which dwarfs the card collecting world ( at least my using PCGS/NGC numbers vs PSA/SCG) has had a third party
Opinion company (CAC) for 10 years. They apply a green sticker to a " high end for grade" coin or a gold sticker for a coin which would be high end for the grade assigned. They've verified ( stickered) hundreds of thousands of coins worth billions of dollars. I'm an amateur coin and card collector but I don't see many
incredulous post on their coin forums mocking the service... because " my eyes are as good as theirs". It's an accepted service that's really boost the value of coins that get verified as really nice for grade. I'm sure there are those that hate the service though. Us amateurs appreciate the destinction. It is a 3rd party service and they dont benefit from designation a coin as high end- this is in stark contrast to PWCC which certainly profits from the higher prices their HE brings.
For full disclosure I own one PWCc High end card. It is the PSA 6 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle which opens the " Official Mickey Mantle Thread" over in the post war side. If I ever sell it will I disclose it as PWCC HE? Yup

Last edited by Stonepony; 10-22-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Sp