View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default PWCC Certified High End Cards:

From what I understand, a certified high end card is any card that looks better than the grade it received. PWCC will then put a sticker behind the slab which contains a serial number. These HE cards bring in big money, and can sell for double or even triple than what they would normally go for. Here is one listing I recently came across:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Topps-...p2047675.l2557

Bobby Orr is one of the greatest hockey players of all-time and this is his rookie card. A PSA 2 normally sells between $1,000 - $1,200 USD. This one however went for almost $5,500 which is nuts because that's how much a PSA 6 would bring in. Now I understand why this card got the HE designation because it has pretty good centering, edges, and near mint corners. However, there are creases on the reverse side, as stated in the description. Would you spend that much on a PSA 2 when you can get a PSA 6 with that money? Is there something I am missing here? Maybe this card is going to get soaked and the creases will be pressed out? If it does get a PSA 7, then this card will be worth approximately $15,000 USD. A PSA 8 is $35,000+

Do you think that a majority of these HE cards get cracked out and resubmitted to PSA?

Do you own a PWCC HE card? Have you left the sticker on it or did you remove it? Will it add any value to the card if you decide to sell it down the line? Will collectors pay more for your card since it has that sticker on it?