View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay trouble....geez

Posted By: Bob

This is exactly why as an occasional seller I buy a delivery confirmation out of my own pocket. Not only will paypal allow you to receive a full reimbursement, I have been a party to an action where I used a delivery confirmation and a buyer claimed he never received the package EVEN THOUGH the delivery confirmation showed it was delivered to his home post office! I was very lucky to avoid being shafted by the dishonest buyer who had his item (not a card) and wanted his money also. Paypal came within inches of giving him the money even though I have 100% feedback over 9 years on ebay and 100% rating with paypal. They made a big deal out of the fact they were "forgiving" me this one time and paying him themselves. Can you believe that????
The bottom line is that as a seller if you use a delivery confirmation, you are PROBABLY BUT NOT ALWAYS protected. If you a buyer and the seller doesn't use a delivery confirmation, EVEN IF HE SAYS INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL and you don't buy it, you are protected 100% of the time.