View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay trouble....geez

Posted By: Joann

I agree with Dan completely. The PayPal dispute option is to try to protect against genuinely dishonest sellers, not to substitute for a buyer's decision not to insure. This seller has 100% feedback over 128 transactions from 103 unique buyers. He has offered some compensation that, in my opinion, he was under no obligation to make at all.

So now everyone thinks he should be beat to death with the PayPal dispute system? That he is responsible for the mail? Does anyone really believe he didn't mail the card? Personally, I don't want all sellers to start requiring insurance on $15 cards, but this kind of thing will leave them no choice at some point.

I'd be really upset if I lost a $100 card - especially a Griffith portrait b/c it's such a nice looking card, and I've been half shopping around for one myself. And I can absolutely see myself asking about insurance and then saying "what the hell" and paying so I wouldn't have to wait. But despite the fact that I can sympathize, this just isn't fair to put it all on the seller.

If he's offered compensation, I think he's done more than he is obliged to do in general and particularly given that he said insurance was optionally available. I'd take it, and be mad as heck about the card lost.

Joann