View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:27 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
The point is that the people who will decide the fate of PSA are not the people currently invested in it, but the new buyers who will be needed to sustain the hobby.
This is true-- and PWCC "investment theories" are premised on recruiting new buyers.

I've often said that the change will be how cards are priced. I've never said that these altered cards will be worthless or not collected, but priced differently. I think in the future, PSA numbers will be priced differently. I've suggested that in the future the price differential between a 9 and a 10 will be different because these micro differences in grade will be perceived differently.

Of course, many of these issues are perceived differently by the person who owns (is invested in) the cards as opposed to the person shopping for cards. The owner often overlooks issues that the shopping is consciously looking fro, the same way that many sellers dismiss (and sometimes omit) information that the buyer wants to know. Even if conservation and alterations are accepted and number gradable, the cards will be priced differently.

Last edited by drcy; 08-12-2019 at 10:58 AM.