View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Interesting discussion. To me, the most unique feature of this set's production and distribution that made it different from any other (as far as I know), is that people who sent in for them were allowed to request what player they wanted, as someone touched on earlier. Not knowing what kind of demand there would be, I'm guessing the printer wouldn't have wanted to print that many, if any, beforehand. Also, I have found it interesting that the centering on T3s, overall, is amazing compared to other issues of the time. I have also never seen a single miscut, "name on top", or any other indication common with known sheet prints to exist in the T3 set, which could also indicate individual printing.

On the other hand, as someone pointed out, if they printed individually then demand for Cobb's, Mattys, etc would mean that there would be 20x more stars than commons to have survived, which based on experience and pop reports is not the case.

It's clear I have no definitive answers, but as someone working on this set, I'll definitely be doing some more research on this question.
Hey There Conor!

Well the 2 areas THaT I Believe to be true... imho
Are these:

1st, Because there are "Proofs" out there,
I believe THaT THeY were Not Made Individually.

2nd, "Requesting a Player", Such as a Noted HoF'er
Doesn't mean THaT THeY Didn't Send You a Common
Wit an Apology & a Bonus of Some Sort!
Heck, it EVeN Happens TaDaY Wit Redemptions Cards...

I Certainly NeVar Want ta be Negative...
These are MoST Surely My Positive Observations

Last edited by irishdenny; 03-18-2017 at 01:14 PM.